Family Law - Gaurdianship


There are many circumstances when one parent may not be a recognized guardian of their own children.  Or when, a grandparent or other family member needs to be involved in the life of a child.  We can meet with you, and discuss your particular circumstance and let you know what your best options are.

To be named a legal guardian can take on many different forms.  You can share some or all or none of the decision-making.  You can have access to medical and school records, and be able to give permission for medical procedures.   You may or may not have the child living with you, it is not required that the child resides with you for you to have legal guardianship rights.

We'll take care of you

Phone: 403-995-7744 | Fax: 403-995-7045

  • James Lozinsky Law
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram


11A Elizabeth Street

PO Box 509
Okotoks, AB . T1S 1A7


Unit 4, 402 Centre Ave
Black Diamond, AB
T0L 0H0

Disclaimer: Lozinsky Flett is an Independent Association Law Firm.   Remember that legal advice is based on unique circumstances and must be personal and confidential. The law changes rapidly and constantly. Though this site aims to help inform, your own case may be different and as such you should not rely soley on this website or to any other site it links to. If you have a legal question or problem, you should consult with and seek the advice of a qualified lawyer. Our full disclaimer is available here.

© James C Lozinsky Law Office. Design by Awedity Creative